Friday, November 09, 2007

NaNoWriMo Update #1

Well, we're a little over a week into it and things are going okay. They say week two is the hardest, but I started tripping up a couple of days ago. My drive fell off and so went my word counts. As of this moment, I'm about twenty-five hundred words behind where I want to be. I'm currently sitting on 10,804 words.

The story is shaping up to be a science fiction tale set in India about a hundred years from now. It features a group of adventurers who set out to turn the social injustices of the cities on their heads. That's mostly all I know so far, other than the fact that I've come up with a few ideas that really interest me. I have an idea of what's happening, but being only about one-fifth into the first draft I understand that things could turn out very different from where I think I'm going.

So, that's all for now, except for this tip for my fellow National Novel Writing Month participants: Utilize your space bar. I can't stress this enough. If you ignore this you'll find yourself working your ass off for an entire month and only having one word to show for it.

No comments: