Friday, July 04, 2008

On The Sofa, 4th and 71

The title of this post sounds like an insane football game, doesn't it?

First off, on the StarShipSofa this week:

ME!




Aural Delights No 31 Mary Rosenblum

Poetry: Interstellar Tract by Bruce Boston

Flash Fiction: Sunday Dinner by Matthew Sanborn Smith

Main Fiction: The Rainmaker by Mary Rosenblum

Narrators: Paul Caggegi Julie Davis Dale Manley

Dale Manley read my story Sunday Dinner (first seen on this blog, faithful readers) and I thought he did a great job. Made my mouth water just listening to it. If you're not familiar with the tale, it's a story about a guy who sniffs magazines. And if that doesn't entice you, well friend, you are unenticeable.

Next up, Happy 4th! I didn't do anything very fourthy today, just worked for extra pay. I'll be celebrating that on the 11th when the money's in the bank.

Only 929 to go! Story #71 went out the door today. It's called Dritty Does. And he does, too. As for me, I feel myself picking up speed.


One of the greatest science fiction films is going to soon become even greater. A full length version of Metropolis was found in Argentina: http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featurepages/0,,2289177,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=media

I, for one, can't wait to see the restored version.

At this moment, life is good. I've got the weekend off, I'm eager to write and I'm going to have some Maple Walnut Ice Cream. I have to put that in capitals because it's the official ice cream of displaced New English everywhere.

1 comment:

Paul said...

loved your flash fiction story "Sunday Diner". Listened to it on the Sofa, brilliant.