Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Watch This Post Spin Out Of Control

As we up and comers come up, we'll want to keep in mind Kristine Kathryn Rusch's very brief reminder about useless titles. Keep those things memorable folks!

And speaking of things and titles, today I listened to episode 15 of the excellent podcast, A Bite of Stars, A Slug of Time, and Thou which concerned Ursula K. Le Guin's story, Things, which is about as generic a title as one could hope for. The podcast's title, however, is magnificent. I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but I've always wanted to do something with the title, A Loaf of Spam, A Jug of Flapple, and Thou, though I don't know if I ever will. Flapple is, of course, the term coined by the immortal Fred Sanford for flat Ripple.

In looking up the Wikipedia entry for Fred Sanford, so I could link it here, I noticed at the bottom that there is a Wikipedia category called Fictional junk dealers. Which leads me to wonder if there's one called, Are you fucking serious? In case you're wondering, there isn't. I just checked. The big W asked me, "Did you mean: are you flying serious?" Yes, that's what I meant. Are you flying serious?

Stupid Big W.

No comments: